Bespoke Cotswolds Tours
Cotswolds Adventures specialise in Private Cotswolds Tours
See the beauty of the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Beauty (AONB) and get off-the-beaten track with one of our Private Cotswolds Tours. The larger tour companies only visit the main towns and villages and as they use large buses/coached they are not allowed to access the more scenic villages and use the pretty (and narrow!) country lanes. All our Cotswolds Tours are private and we use smaller vehicles (up to 9 seater) meaning we can access all the back roads and the prettier, less touristy villages of the area.
As our Cotswolds Tours are private (only you on the tour), all our tours are fully bespoke. We make a fun day based on what you want to do and see in the area. For first time visitors we have a few suggested itineraries such as our Classic Cotswolds Tour but the itineraries are just a guide and can be tweaked and adjusted. For example maybe you want to have afternoon tea in a manor house, visit a classic english garden, have a nice pub lunch out in the country or try a spot of horse riding in the area? No problem! just let us know and we will create your perfect day out in the Cotswolds. We can also arrange pickups outside the area and transfers to airports.
All the driver-guides leading our Cotswolds Tours are local and have lived in the area for the majority of their lives meaning they know all the best spots in the area and can share the kind of local knowledge and insight that you wouldn’t get when taking a tour of of London with a guide from outside the area. We all live and breathe the Cotswolds and love teaching visitors about the area. If you are really lucky you may be able to take a tour with me! Your driver-guide will give you a commentary as they drive- explaining what you are seeing and any interesting information about the area. At each stop you will be given a background of the towns history and then we will point out any places of interest or spots you may have otherwise missed. You are then free to explore at leisure. Likewise at attractions (such as gardens and manor houses) that you visit- you will be oriented and then given free time to explore (the guide doesn’t come around with you).
Our Private Cotswolds Tours are the best way to see the area and as you are not part of a large group you can easily get to see the best of the area in one day, usually visiting or passing through 10 to 12 villages or attractions on a typical Cotswold Tour. All our Cotswolds tours include pick up from your accommodation or local train station if coming in on the train. Pick ups from outside the region can also be arranged.
An example itinerary for one of our Cotswolds Tours may be as follows:
- Train from London Paddington to Moreton in Marsh train station
- Drive through Broad Campden and Blockley (filming location for Father Brown)
- Guided walk around Chipping Campden- medieval wool market
- Visit Dovers Hill for stunning views of the vale of Evesham
- Broadway Tower- 18th century folly and highest point in the Cotswolds
- Drive though Snowshill- hidden village and home to Snowshill Manor and the crazy collection of Charles Wade
- Broadway Village- lunch in one of its many fine restaurants (such as Broadway Deli or Russells Fish and Chips)
- Bourton-on-the-Water- The Venice of the Cotswolds- a bit touristy but nice at the right times of day/year- visit the Model village
- Upper and Lower Slaughter- Possibly the prettiest villages in the area and the option of a short hike between the two
- Stow-on-the-Wold- another wool market town and home to the mysterious JRR Tolkien Tree!
Off-the-Beaten Track- Cotswolds Tours
If you are interested in finding out more about our Private Cotswolds Tours then take a look here.
For first time visitors we recommend our Classic Cotswolds Tour
More information at www.cotswoldsadventures.co.uk
Gloucestershire, GL5 4GA
Phone : +44 1453 790725